Superstar- The year 1 play.
We hope you had a great time and enjoyed hearing your children sing and perform.
We made sure that every child had time on the stage and if they wanted a speaking part they had one. It was amazing and they did so well. Watching it all come together is such a pleasure and the children are so enthusiastic.
Wow! What a busy week we have had.
The children really enjoyed their visit to the church and we were so proud of the way they listened and behaved so beautifully. We learned about weddings and christenings as our topic of Memory Box explores family celebrations. Thank you so much to the parents that came to help us. It was very much appreciated.
Another WOW moment ,as it was amazing to see so many of you their sharing the experince with your children. We had a great time icing cakes and making sandwiches in the morning and the children were so excited to have their teddies and enjoy time chatting to their family.
Welcome to our next exciting half term!
I hope you have all had a relaxing half term and that the children are keen to come back and explore our new topic of Memory Box. Alongside this we also have all the fun of the Christmas count down, so a busy time indeed in year 1.
I want to say thank you for all the wonderful memory boxes that I know I will see this week. I hope you found it a lovely oppurtunity to share memories.
I look forward to being able to share the wonderful work that your children have completed, so far, when I see you at parents evening. If you cannot attend either of the days then please let me know and we can arrange another time.
Please check your emails and bookbags as there will be letters, emails and texts about various dates for your diary. These will include a phonics workshop, a trip to the church and look out for a special handwritten invite from your children!
Thankyou for your support , as always it is so valuable to us.
Just an update on the super learning from the last couple of weeks.
We took the children on an exciting role play experience and had a pretend flight to Italy. We had our passports checked, our suitcases weighed and were scanned ,before having an inflight safety video and refreshments. Photos will follow we are just waiting for a few more photo permission forms. Thank you to those of you that have already sent them back in.
We have used our role play experience to write postcards as well as finding out how an airport works. I hope the children shared the fun they had on our day in Italy.
We will be making some rain shakers next week and using these to create some great music!
Next week will be also be celebrating the harvest and having a craft day.
Please remember if there are any questions you have or any support you need , please do not hesitate to ask.
I will be adding some useful maths websites and also some phonic websites ,that you can access from home , in the next few days.
Welcome to 1K
Wow! What a super start to our new year. There have been so many wonderful holiday diaries that have made there way into class. We have shared these and look forward to seeing anymore that the children have made.
Some amazing creations have appeared for our 3D homework project all about the weather and we will be making a display of these in our small hall. There is still time to bring them in and I hope you enjoy getting creative with your childen!
Thank you to all parents and carers that came to our meeting last week. As we mentioned some of the children may find the new demands of year 1 quite tiring and may get a litttle tearful. They will soon adapt and already they are showing us how keen they are to learn. They are an amazing class!
If you have any concerns please feel free to catch me in the morning just before the bell, when I'm outside, or at the end of the day once I have dismissed all of the other children. I really do love to hear about the great things the children have been doing or anything they are finding tricky that I can be of help with.
- A year 1 newsletter will be making its way to you by the end of the week.
- PE is on Tuesday and Thursday. Please ensure that children have shorts and t-shirts as well as tracksuit bottoms and a jumper. They will need both trainers and plimsols.
- Please read with your child as often as you can. It boosts thier confidence and gives them a wonderful chance to show off their reading skills as they develop further. Please ask them questions about the characters, what they think might happen next and what they likes /disliked about the story. For any advice on this please see me and I will provide you with some useful tips.
- The adults in our classroom are Mrs Kirk(that's me) Mrs Bell , Mrs Burgess and Mrs Overy.
- Please rememeber we are only allowed water in bottles. Any sticky juice gets easily spilt and attracts all sorts of insects. Water is also so good for you.
- Please remember to ring the office of your child is absent.
- I have many photos I would like to add to the website. Please ensure that you have filled in your photo permission form if you are happy for photos of your child to be on the website.
- Please remember that all children need a water bottle in school.
- Only small bows and slides to be worn and they are to be blue as to match the school uniform.